9/3/11

Attention All Disgruntled Job Seekers! This Simple Tip Can Get You Hired And Not Overlooked

If you ever want to meet really grumpy people, hang out for a while in a job center! One of the most frustrating things in the world is when you're out of work and you're looking for a job and no one will hire you. It can turn a person with the most cheerful disposition into a grouch.

Given today's economy and how tight the job market is, if you are in the process of trying to get a job I really don't blame you in the least if you are disgruntled. I work in a job center and I see how much torture the job hunting experience can put a person through.

I do have good news for you though. I have a tip that can turn this all around for you and it is extremely easy to do but first I need you to understand something:

You may at first not really understand how profound this tip really is because it is so simple to do. It doesn't always sink in as being as important as it really is. Many of the people I work with in the job center often don't get it at first - but they certainly do after they make this one simple change and they suddenly get a job offer!

Here's the simple tip in a nutshell:

CHANGE your cover letter in the following way: instead of using a professional template, create something VERY unique that will be stand out from everyone else's cover letter!

Here's why this is important:

In today's job market, hiring managers get too many applications to go through each one in detail. So, what they do is find a quick way to do the initial screening. The easiest way for them to do this is by quickly reading through all the cover letters without reading the rest of the application.

What does this mean:

It means that you can have the best resume in the world and you may be the best candidate for the job BUT if your cover letter doesn't stand out, the hiring manager may never even see your resume or have any desire to find out more about you.

This is exactly why I saw so many highly qualified candidates being beaten out by lesser qualified candidates when I first started working at the job center. I had to do some investigative research to figure out what was going on which included calling up hiring managers and talking with them about how they went about selecting people - what was their procedure exactly and why had they not even noticed my very best candidate for a particular job.

So it bears repeating:

If your cover letter isn't unique and it doesn't stand out, the hiring manager may NEVER NOTICE the rest of your application or anything else about you. You may end up going into the "reject" pile on the very first round.

Think of the cover letter like a book jacket. You need to push the right psychological buttons on your "book jacket" to get the hiring manager interested in looking inside. You need to create something very unique - do NOT use a template!!! Who designs book jackets? Marketers! You need to use marketing language. You need to language that ENTICES the hiring manager to look further and want to interview you.

I have discovered a very effective tool that helps people easily write a really unique and very effective cover letter -- one that really entices the hiring manager to look further.

It is a type of cover letter software and it was created by one of the best marketing gurus when it comes to writing sales copy. The software is designed with a very easy to use interface. You simply answer a few questions and then hit a button. It will then spit out a CUSTOM cover letter -- and one that is VERY UNIQUE and specific to your industry. It uses exactly the right language to push all the right psychological buttons. There's a lot of good information on the website so you can check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment