8/14/12

Sample Cover Letter - College

Being a senior in college means that you're coming to the end of dealing with all of the classes and now all you want to do is put your education to use. With the economy being the way it is, that might be a bit harder than one would think. The job market is saturated in almost every field and thus you need to stand out from the rest of the pack. One way to do this is learning how to write a cover letter!

Below is a cover letter sample that could be used as a template for your own cover letter.

You're Contact Information:

Address

City, State, Zip Code

Phone Number

Cell Phone Number

Email

Employer Contact Information:

Name

Title

Company

Address

City, State, Zip Code

Date

Dear Mr. or Mrs. Last Name,

I am a senior at the XYZ State University and am interested in interviewing for a job as an Information Technology Specialist with ABC. I believe that ABC has the ideal culture that will allow me to grow further in my career and goals of becoming an innovative and inspiring computer programmer. The skill set that I have learned in college is fresh and I believe can greatly contribute to ABC.

My extensive course work in my computer science major at XYZ State University has allowed me to develop, sharpen, and gain knowledge of new and existing technologies. I have also studied broader elements such as business writing, Spanish, and other classes that I believe will greatly benefit your company. My previous work experience as a Java Programmer has allowed me to gain a footing in the advanced techniques of the programming arena. With this experience I am better able to jump write in the other programmers and will require little training.

I firmly believe that I would be a good fit in ABC's innovative and historical environment. Thank you for taking the time and consideration of my resume.

Sincerely,

Your Signature

Your Typed Name

===============================

Please keep in mind that you will have to make changes in order to fit the specific position you are applying for. You may want to add more detail to some of your skills but don't write paragraphs about one skill. Remember, this is just a template but is a great starting point for someone who has never written a cover letter or someone that doesn't know how to write a cover letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment